Saturday, February 11, 2012

CFT post 1

Justin Tarte's post that I reviewed was a discussion on Seth Godin's book Linchpin. It is a book that asks teachers to self-analyze themselves and ask themselves if they are truly doing everything in their power to make their students as successful as they can become with the right help. I commented on how this book did get me to think about what kind of teacher I should be, and how I should act.
His second post was about how a show he liked in 1994 Boy Meets World discussed how maybe tests weren't really the most accurate way to judge how much a student has learned in class. I commented on how this subject can be a minefield. Whenever someone begins discussing whether or not tests are a positive or negative influence on the educational system everyone listening "knows" the right answer and will not be moved or listen to any counter argument. This is a very tricky subject with no simple answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment