Sunday, March 25, 2012

Blog Post 8

This is how we dream.
Dr. Richard Miller talks about how to use multimedia. I feel that technology is shaping the way we write. This is another video geared at having new teachers use technology in lieu of classic teaching methods. I think that these methods could be useful IN COMBINATION with traditional methods.
I think these methods do have an upside. It may be useful in making students pay attention in class. They will adapt to this more quickly than the teachers. Technology is very commonplace now.
Honestly Dr. Miller's video hasn't really changed my mind about technology in the classroom. I do thing that technology should be used in hte classroom. I just don't support it as whole heartily as most people in this class seem to. If I plan to teach I will need to be technologically literate.

Carly Pugh Blog Post 12
Mrs. Pugh seems to be a very prolific writer. Her writing seems to verge on satire at times. Her post seems to have been made to be seen alongside Ms. Miller's video. She was discussing the new technology that can be used in writing. Students would discuss how they wanted to teach with a variety of media.

The Chipper Series and EDM 310 for Dummies
The first one starts with Chipper having a conversation with Dr. Strange about not doing her work on time. This video is mostly used to discuss the importance of doing your work in a timely manner.
EDM 310 for Dummies is used to show the ways in which EDM 310 functions.This was an amusing video, and I also would like doing things like making videos in classes.

Learn to Change, Change to Learn
In the video Learn to Change, Change to Learn,the changing nature of education is discussed. This is the latest video in EDM310 that I have watched discussing how education is changing. Change is good, but in many instances it is hard and we should be prepared for that.
A classroom should not be just a room with four walls, as the video states, it should be the world. There are so many opportunities in the cities around the world to learn in a non traditional sense.

For the Scavenger Hunt I found a website called Edmodo. It's like Facebook. I set up an account as a student and I can make it tell me when anyone attached to my account updates. This website helps me organize everything I do. I can talk with other students for help with homework. This website helps me by giving me practice quizzes. This is a great organizational tool.


The comic creator I found was Memebase.

Ragecomic




The tool that I had never heard of was Free Stock Photos. This site has an enourmo. You have to set up an account, but it is free. It has a lot of different types of pictures that you can use on your blog or website.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jay,
    I think you did an overall good job in Blog post 8. You have a very good point in response to Mr. Miller's video about merging the two forms of technology together. Also, I noticed you chose to create an Edmodo account and do a comic strip. The overall structure was good, you just may want to go into further detail in your future post. Good Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your honest opinion about technology! Good job.

    ReplyDelete