Saturday, April 7, 2012

Blog Post 10

The video Do You Teach or Do You Educate is interesting. I honestly didn't think that just by adding something like music to a presentation could make so many more people pay attention. For a teacher to truly be an educator he has to actually care about the students he is teaching. A teacher has to spend an enormos amont of timne trying to make a studnet retain the information he or she will be taught. So many teachers refuse to go the extra mile to get students interested in their class. We should do everything in their power to help the students they are supposed to teach.

It is not necessarily a teachers job to teach a student what their morals should be or how they should act in society. The only problem is that it seems that lately more and more parents are leaving this for the teachers to do. It seems to me taht kids are spending almost no time with their parents anymore. I find thhis odd considering that when I was little I spent all of my time with my father, I still spend quite alot of time with my dad. For many children teachers are becoming a mojor influence on their students, even more than they had been in the past.
 Bad Parents



I then had to read Mr. Johnson’s post Don’t Let Them Take the Pencils Home. It seems to be a satirical post about students taking pencils home and its effect on test scores. He makes many biting comments about parents and the perceptions of teachers in social media.
I loved how, to me, it seemed that Mr. Johnson thinks that too many teachers only teach what they think will be on the goverment sponsered test given every semester. he said he once got in trouble for useing a game to teach the material instead of just using traditional methods to prepare for the upcoming test. This is the most horrible problem with the modern education system. If you only teach for the test then the studnets don't learn anything. They find the material and lessons so horrilby monotonus that they forget the information almost immediantly after the lesson is over. We need to change this if we ever want to have an effective educational System again.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Jay,
    I really enjoyed reading your blog post. I definitely agree with you when you said that teachers should not teach solely for the test. The only suggestion I have is to make sure you proofread. There were a few spelling errors in your post. Otherwise, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget to proofread. You can change the size of your image by modifying the width inside the html code. Good job on catching Tom Johnson's metaphor about technology.

    ReplyDelete