Sunday, April 22, 2012

Blog Post 12

For this assignment I want the students to watch This Video.


I then want them to write what they thought about this video in a few paragraphs following Writing A Quality Blog Post

This video could be a great video for someone who is just beginning to study Napoleon. It is missing some very important pieces of Napoleonic history such as The Hundred Days and his trip to Elba. The art in this video was very amusing and very much like a cartoon. It would be very easy for someone who wants to just learn the basics of Napoleons life to get it from this video.

The only problem I had with it was that I know an enormous amount of Napoleonic history so whenever I watched it all I could do was think of the things that was left out of it. The fact that they could miss something as important as The Hundred Days where Napoleon returned to retake his crown until his army was defeated again astounded me. Though it was missing some key elements this was a very good video.

2 comments:

  1. I really thought the video was cute. I like the fact that you wanted the students to use a tool that we have learned about. My only concern is this is an assignment that is suppose to be given to our EDM class. So I was confused why we would watch a video on Napoleon. Also we have already done blog post so this is already something Dr. Strange had us do. I think you had a good idea but you stated that the video was missing important information so why not have students tell you key points they felt should have been included?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jay,

    As a fellow history major, I agree some main aspects of Napoleon's life should not be left out. You could use this video in your class one day and show it to students after you have taught them all about Napoleon. You could gauge what they have learned by having them tell you what was missing from this video.

    ReplyDelete